We’re excited to announced that our next webinar takes place on Saturday 11 December, 9am US Eastern / 2pm Britain / 10pm China.
On December 9-10, Biden is hosting a ‘Summit for Democracy’, “bring together leaders from government, civil society, and the private sector to set forth an affirmative agenda for democratic renewal” and to “defend against authoritarianism”. The geopolitical theme of this is, of course, to close ranks in the capitalist world against China, Russia, Cuba, DPRK, Venezuela and other countries. The ideological theme is to reaffirm the superiority of capitalism and so-called liberal democracy.
Our event will challenge the dominant narratives around democracy, will highlight the democratic systems prevailing in socialist societies, will discuss the plutocratic nature of neoliberal capitalism, and will expose how the concept of democracy is leveraged in support of a deeply undemocratic and violent imperialism.
- Carlos Ron (Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs for North America, Venezuela)
- Isabel Monal Rodríguez (Director of the Department of Marxist Studies, Academy of Sciences of Cuba)
- Luna Oi (Vietnamese blogger and broadcaster)
- Kiyul Chung (Professor, Tsinghua University, China; Korea University, Tokyo, Japan)
- Layla Brown (Assistant Professor, Northeastern University, US)
- Elias Jabbour (Professor, Rio de Janeiro State University, Brazil)
- Roland Boer (Professor, Dalian University of Technology, China)
- Danny Haiphong (Co-editor, Friends of Socialist China; Contributing editor, Black Agenda Report)
- Moderator: Radhika Desai (Professor, University of Manitoba, Canada)
More speakers will be announced soon.