Don’t forget, we have our Propaganda War Against China event coming up on Saturday 9 October 2021, at 2pm Britain / 9am US Eastern / 9pm China.
We will discuss the relationship between this propaganda onslaught and the New Cold War; the reality in Xinjiang and Hong Kong; the participation of sections of the Western left in the propaganda war; and more.
The event is co-sponsored by the Morning Star, the Grayzone, Pivot to Peace, the Geopolitical Economy Research Group, the International Manifesto Group, and Qiao Collective.
The event will also be streamed live on YouTube.
- Chen Weihua (EU bureau chief, China Daily)
- Li Jingjing (Reporter, CGTN)
- Ben Norton (Assistant editor, The Grayzone)
- Jenny Clegg (Author, ‘China’s Global Strategy: Toward a Multipolar World’)
- Daniel Dumbrill (Canadian Youtuber and political analyst based in Shenzhen)
- Michael Wong (Vice President, Veterans For Peace, San Francisco)
- Danny Haiphong (Co-editor, Friends of Socialist China)
- Kenny Coyle (Editor of Praxis Press; Morning Star contributor)
- Chair: Radhika Desai (Professor, University of Manitoba; Convenor of the International Manifesto Group)
About the organisers
Friends of Socialist China is a platform based on supporting the People’s Republic of China and promoting understanding of Chinese socialism. Its website (edited by Danny Haiphong, Keith Bennett and Carlos Martinez) aims to consolidate the best articles and videos related to China and Chinese socialism, along with original analysis.